Sunday, March 11, 2007

Holy Crap

Wow...I really don't know how to react...I think I'll let Captain Emotion take care of this one, but holy crap. The Michigan Tech Huskies, a team that couldn't even win 8 games last year is on their way to the WCHA Final Five for the first time in a decade. This year's team has given us so many ups and downs, but in the games that mattered most, we have prevailed. I can't believe I'm actually writing this stuff. If you would have told me I would be doing this at the end of last season, I would have called you insane. I probably sound like a stupid idiot bragging about how wonderful making it to the WCHA semifinals is, but holy crap.

Enough talking about this...I don't know if I'll be very coherent any longer. Elsewhere in the conference, UAA, who forced a third game, fell to the Gophers in a valiant effort by a 3-1 final. UMD and SCSU are still locked up in their second overtime period, and I really don't want to wait to post this. I guess I'll fill you in when that ends, but as of right now, were the Bulldogs to win, MTU would defer to the Friday game vs. North Dakota, and if they lose, we would play Wisconsin in the play-in game on Thursday.

So the elation has kind of died, but I guess I need to find some Final Five tickets now. Keep on waiting for more, because I'm sure tDarkness will be wetting his pants with joy later. Good night for now hockey fans.

No comments: