Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meet Your Freshmen 2008: Mikael Lickteig

Alright... it's on to Mikael Lickteig now. On Mikael, Coach Russell says that he's "a late addition to this recruiting class as Rohn's status was unclear." Crap, that reminds me... I still need to send Peter Rohn a survey. Doh!

Let's just focus on Mikael for now. He gave me an awesome interview... even though I interrogated him for an embarrassing past. I was probably the roughest on him of all the freshmen. He handled it well though.

#33
Position: Forward
Last Team: Alexandria (NAHL)
Hometown: Little Falls, MN
Birthday: 5/4/87
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs

THB: What is your favorite type of pie?
Mikael Lickteig (ML): Strawberry.

THB: How long do you think you could last on the skating treadmill at a 10% incline going 7.5 MPH?
ML: Umm... a minute and thirty seconds.

THB: Did you enjoy playing Blueline Club’s Moonball Golf? Tell me about the three people you were assigned to.
ML: Yeah it was a lot of fun! Ross, Joel, and Scott were very cool to play with and pretty good golfers. They carried our team for sure. [Sure they did. I bet it was just Scott that carried the entire team. Joel and Ross didn't do crap!]

THB: What is the greatest number of times in which you have skipped a rock?
ML: I am going to say 12.

THB: What’s your favorite TV channel, not including ESPN?
ML: NHL Network or Comedy Central. [Very good choices. I should've figured NHL Network.]

THB: Of this year’s incoming class, who do you think will be the last one to return their survey to me all filled out?
ML: Ricky Dorriot. [Heh, well... surprisingly, Ricky was the first one to have his survey in. The last one: Mr. Olson. :) ]

THB: Specifically what part of this upcoming hockey season are you most looking forward to?
ML: Stepping out on to the ice in front of a packed crowd and hearing the band play.

THB: What Michigan Tech jersey is your favorite – the white, black or gold one?
ML: Gold.

THB: Who are you rooming with this year?
ML: Corson Cramer.

THB: What team are you most excited about beating this season?
ML: Easily the Gophers since I am a Minnesota boy, but St. Cloud State is a close second.

THB: How is the babe situation at Michigan Tech?
ML: Outlook for me is not looking to good as of now. [Don't worry, Mikael... that'll change soon I bet... :P]

THB: What’s your favorite card game?
ML: Omaha Hi/Lo. [We should play sometime. I can take all your money! Um... I mean... I've only played once or twice and I always lose...]

THB: How do you like your steak?
ML: Medium well.

THB: What is your fascination with Minnesota State University, Mankato? And by that, I mean… if you go to this site: http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/52687 and look along the right side at your player card. You might want to start explaining that…
ML: I honestly haven't looked at that in over a year and a half and impressed you found it. I have no idea why it says they are a favorite college of mine beside maybe they showed interest in me when I was still in high school. P.S. I deleted that profile now. [Alright... It's obviously gone now, but there was a player card on the side. One of the things it had on there was a place for Mikael to list his favorite teams. He listed MSUM, but NOT Michigan Tech. I obviously have to grill him for that.]

THB: Did that last question make you break out into a sweat at all?
ML: Actually yes a little...But I couldn't ask for a better fit than coming here to Michigan Tech. [Good... you're starting to recover your reputation. I think we should give him a second chance, Tech fans.]

THB: Let’s allow you a fresh start, shall we? I’ll ask you that question again. What are Mikael’s favorite colleges? (Feel free to answer with only one college if you’d like.)
ML: Michigan Tech of course!

THB: What has been your favorite lunch/dinner so far in the dorms?
ML: Chicken quesadillas. [Mmm! Those are good. Be sure to try the chili crispitos. Those are the BEST! Or Husky Melts. I miss dorm food!!]

THB: If you’re not lifting weights, skating or doing school work, what are
you probably doing?
ML: Hanging out with the guys or playing some NHL '09.

THB: Tell me about your best moment so far in your college career.
ML: Throwing on the Michigan Tech sweater for the first time for the team photo. We looked good! [Oh Mikael... your answers make me very happy. And the team photo better look good! I'm buying one from the Blueline Club!]

THB: Besides answering my questions, what is something that really annoys you?
ML: Waking up early. [I couldn't agree more.]

THB: Mikael, there are a ton of Michigan Tech fans out there… What would you like to say to all of them?
ML: Get ready for a great season as we have a good mix of players this year that are going to be making some noise in the WCHA and the rest of college hockey.

7 comments:

FadeToBlack&Gold said...

I don't miss dorm food at all, and never will.

I also like NHL '09. It's the only way I'll ever get to see my last name on the back of any hockey jersey, let alone a Wings jersey. :)

Boosh said...

You could always buy a customized jersey...

DC said...

What you meant to say is "There is a Michigan Tech fan out there who weighs a ton. What would you like to say to him?"

MeanEgirl said...

Hahaha!! Nice! Poor Shirtless Guy. :)

InALittleMinute said...

Hooray! Thanks for interviewing such a top guy! This blog is the best!

Tim Braun said...

you're looking pretty hefty yourself there midget!

MeanEgirl said...

inalittleminute: I do what I can. ;) Thank you for your overexaggeration about how sweet my blog is. I always appreciate those comments. :)

Shirtless: OUCH. Haha... I learn from the best though. Strangely enough, I feel like a twig standing next to you... ;)