Sunday, September 16, 2007

Meet Your Freshmen 2007: Eric Kattelus

Next up for MTU freshmen this year is Michigan native Eric Kattelus. It might be a while until I get to Jordan Baker and Deron Cousens because this will be a hellish week for me. But for now, it's time to get to know Eric, another ready and optimistic Husky ready to bring W's and happiness to Michigan Tech land.


Name: Eric Kattelus

Hometown: Traverse City, MI
Number: 15
Position: Wing/Center
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185
Birthdate: 5/22/87
Last Team: Indiana (USHL)
Favorite NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings


THB: Were you looking at any other colleges?

Eric Kattelus: I had some other colleges looking at me, but Tech was the only college I was looking at. [Good answer! I like!]

THB: What has been your greatest moment so far in your hockey career?

EK: It would have to be playing in Bismarck, ND in the NAHL for the Bobcats and earning Rookie of the Year honors.

THB: Which team are you most looking forward to beating?

EK: That’s a tough question because of course I would like to beat everyone, but if I had to choose one I’d go with Minnesota. [I hope you get that joy at least four times this year.]

THB: Which road trip are you most looking forward to taking this season?

EK: North Dakota, I’ve heard their rink is gorgeous. [Yep, first rate rink... second rate fans. YEAH, I SAID IT.]

THB: What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

EK: Medium Twist in a cup with Sprinkles or Mint Mackinac Island Fudge.

THB: Are you a fan of skating treadmills?

EK: Yes and no; it's great for you but it can get the best of you sometimes.

THB: What's your major?

EK: Fitness and Sports Management.

THB: What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy?


EK: I enjoy golfing, beach volleyball, tennis, and bowling.

THB: What are some of your personal goals this year on the ice?

EK: Everyone wants to help their team with scoring but anything that I can do to help our team be successful is what I’m here for.

THB: Do you look both ways before crossing the road?

EK: Yes, even when it’s a one-way street. [Excellent. I do the same thing! At least now I know I'm not the only one.]

THB: What is your second favorite college hockey team?

EK: Boston College. [No comment on that... except to say that I have no comment.]

THB: What websites do you most often visit?

EK: The “Book”, Facebook.com.

THB: How do you feel about the NCAA eliminating ties in college hockey?

EK: The greatest thing to happen since slices loaves.

THB: Who is your celebrity crush?

EK: Jessica Alba and Rachel Bilson.

THB: Are you a reader of the Tech Hockey Blog?

EK: Nope. [Eh, it's ok. If I didn't write for it, I probably wouldn't read it either.]

THB: Can you dance?

EK: I've been know to cut a rug, yes. [I learn something new everyday.]

THB: Is there anything else you'd like to say to Michigan Tech Hockey fans?

EK: Don’t be afraid to approach us and we hope to see you at our games.

2 comments:

Dirty said...

At least we're still better than Tech! 8th rate arena, 9th rate fan (<-- note singular term) and 10th rate team!

RB said...

Nice blog! I linked to it from mine. I hate Tech ;)

Best of luck this season!