Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Meet Your Freshmen 2007: Deron Cousens

Last [for right now...] but not least, I want you to get to know Deron Cousens. This is yet another fun interview from yet another MTU freshman who is ready to make a difference in our hockey program. It's going to be a great season!


Name: Deron Cousens
Hometown: Georgetown, Ontario
Number: 26
Position: Defense
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190
Birthdate: 3/21/87
Last Team: Penticton (BCHL)
Favorite NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs


Tech Hockey Blog: Why did you come to Michigan Tech?

Deron Cousens: I came to Michigan Tech because of their rich hockey history and to play in the best conference in college hockey. [Good answer!]

THB: What other schools were you looking at (and did we steal you from)?

DC: Michigan Tech was where I wanted to go from the beginning. [Ooh, even better answer!]

THB: What hockey team are you most looking forward to beating?

DC: I would have to say North Dakota. [Ha! Where's the challenge in that? :)]

THB: What is the greatest number of times in which you have skipped a rock?

DC: Haha, probably about 4 times. [Rookie!]

THB: Which road trip are you most looking forward to?

DC: Detroit for the GLI.

THB: Where would you like to take your hockey career after Michigan Tech?

DC: Hopefully pro hockey an eventually the NHL. [Sounds like a great plan... you should give us four years first. :)]

THB: Besides answering my questions, what is something that really annoys you?

DC: Snoring is my biggest pet peeve. [Ok, so answering my questions must be your second biggest pet peeve?]

THB: What is your favorite smell?

DC: The dressing room. [...]

THB: Is this Tech's year at GLI?

DC: Yes it is. [That's what I like to hear. Now, I'm ready to see it!]

THB: What kind of music do you like?

DC: I listen to everything but I'm a huge country fan. [That can be remedied.]

THB: Have you ever bloodied up any opponents?

DC: I have bloodied up a lot of opponents' fists, haha. [Notice to the opposition: Don't even think about it.]

THB: Concerning hockey, what goals do you have for yourself this season?

DC: My goal is to help Michigan Tech win a NCAA Championship. [Excellent. You have four years. Ready? Set? GO!!]

THB: Are you any good at rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time?

DC: Haha, I can't say that I am.

THB: What size skate do you wear?

DC: I wear size 8.

THB: What is the best part of playing hockey?

DC: The best part of playing hockey is just playing it, and meeting so many great guys.

THB: Do you have any hidden talents that you would like to inform your fans about?

DC: I don't really have any hidden talents. [I think you're hiding something, Deron.]

THB: If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

DC: Haha, maybe if I was really hungry. [You gotta do what you gotta do.]

THB: Does the energy level of a crowd rub off on you when you're on the ice?

DC: Yes, big time. When the crowd is really into the game, it really helps with my on ice play. [Paging Michigan Tech Hockey fans: He's talking to YOU! Help the guy out, would ya?]

THB: Is there anything else that you'd like to tell the Husky faithful?

DC: Just that I hope everyone is ready for a great season.

No comments: